Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Black IPA, CDA, IBA or AIBA

Holy word soup Batman. Sounds like a Federal Law Enforcement convention. There are at least 4 ways to describe the Black IPA. Can someone please pick a friggin name already.  I have recently found myself more and more intrigued by the Black IPA. I love IPA's, but I also love Porters and Stouts. IPA's are just a great style. Some like it, some don't. Same for Porters and Stouts. Dark and roasty, chocolatey or coffee like. And then there is the Black IPA, or the Cascadian Dark Ale for you West Coasters. It is also called the American Black Ale or American Style India Black Ale. It's essentially an IPA made with Porter style grain bill. The best of both worlds in my opinion. My Dad recently forwarded an article from Food Republic regarding the 5 best Black IPA's to drink now. I've also found a few more articles on the CDA. Sadly, I've only experienced one of them. I'll post the links below. Otter Creek's Black IPA is fantastic and it is available year round now. I need to start working on a Beer Network so I can find a way to find these other beers. Like an alcohol fueled Facebook. ...... Beerbook.... no that won't work. Anyway, I'll work on that. Feel free to take a peek at the links below.


No comments:

Post a Comment