Friday, April 20, 2012

Bottling Day soon approaches.

One thing I dislike about homebrewing is bottling. It's a pain in the ass. You have to buy or collect enough for each batch. Then you have to aoak them to get the labels off. And now you have to clean them and run the bottle brush into each one. Then one bottling day you have to sanitize them. I'm lucky because I have a sanitize setting on my dishwasher. Throw in a scoop of Oxiclean Free and let it go. I really need to start investing in kegging equipment. Today I cleaned over 3.5 cases of bottles. That's about 90 bottles. Ugh. Now I have dishpan hands. Crap! That's all for now. I'll update this Sunday when I bottle the Black IPA.


Soaking the bottles in Oxiclean Free and hot water
My bottling tree. Letting the bottles dry before we put them away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment