Monday, April 23, 2012

Black IPA is bottled baby!


That's right kids. The Black IPA is bottled. Two more weeks and I get to pop them into the fridge and enjoy. We were 2 beers short of two full cases. Pretty damn good. Mom and Dad stopped by and Dad helped me with capping the bottles. My daughter, Sabina, even pitched in to dry the bottle caps so we could apply the labels.  This is the second batch that we applied the labels to the bottle cap. Less cleaning to remove the label from the bottle. I might try and make up better labels for the next batch. The bottle cap labels are fairly simple once I remembered how I printed them last time. After cleaning up, we sat back and enjoyed a glass of beer Dad picked up. Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon. Outstanding beer. It has the mouthfeel and body of a beer with great vanilla and caramel notes and boubon flavor. I think he is on a mission to find some more. Thanks for stopping by ad feel free to poke around.

Two cases of sanitized bottles, ready to go.
The tedious task of bottling. Good Lord, I need a haircut.
5 gallons of yummy
Black IPA Label

Our reward for all of our hard work.
Widmer Brothers Brrrbon


No comments:

Post a Comment