Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bottling Day

So here it is, January 15th, 2012. It is MLK's birthday, but more importantly, it's bottling day. As I mentioned in my last post, Jeff, Dad and I brewed two batches of beer on New Year's Day. Today, the beer is ready to bottle. I have 6 gallons of Cooper's English Bitter. Jeff has 2.5 gallons of Mr. Beer's Octoberfest. I have 3 cases if bottles sanitizing in the dishwasher. Jeff has a case or so sanitizing in his as well. Good brewing tip. Check with your local package store about beer bottles. I got them for $1.68 per case. It's a lot cheaper than $12.00 per case from the homebrewing stores. So you have to strip the labels off and clean them, big deal. Well worth the money saved. I'm going to be batch priming my beer and Jeff will using the Cooper's Carb Drops. I was going to as well, but I forgot to order them early enough. But they will be delivered tomorrow. At least I will have them for the next batch we brew. Not sure what's next to brew, but something good I hope.

Update: Bottling is done. I bottle about 2.5 cases and Jeff bottles about a case and a half. I even found a way to label them without having to clean them again. 3/4" round labels on the cap. I can even run them through the printer and customize them. Pics to follow.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment