Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Beerday...... I mean Happy Birthday.

Happy Beerday to me! So Wednesday, January 25th, was my birthday. I turned 37. I know I'm old. Shut up kid. I'm blogging this tonight because I was in now shape to do this then.

My beautiful wife, Tabatha, asked me where I wanted to go to lunch on my birthday. So as a beer lover, I could think of only one place. Delaney's Taproom in New Haven.
It's beer-vana. Their draught beers list is a full page and the bottled beers... 4 pages.



I started with the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA. Fantastic beer as we read through the food menu. Nice peppery taste from the rye malt, with a great hoppy finish. Well balanced.



Beer number 2 was Hop Devil IPA fromVictory Brewing Company in Downingtown, PA.

Another great IPA. I don't know what it is about IPA's, but I friggin love them.



And the big finish, of my birthday lunch and my level of sobriety, was a bottle of Squall IPA from Dogfish Head. Holy shit people. It was incredible. They take there 90 Minute IPA (a personal favorite) and bottle condition and naturally ferment it. 

I almost forgot to mention an awesome Stout I tried from Dogfish. Black and Red. It's a stout finished with raspberries and 100 punds of frest mint in every batch. What a great, great beer. Chocolatey and faintly fruity flavor with a mint finish. Great dessert beer. Too bad it's only available in draft.




No comments:

Post a Comment